Content and Objectives
Africa’s List reserves the right to change the TOU at any time and for any reason without prior notification. Updated versions of the TOU will be posted on africaslist.com and you should visit the TOU page often to keep up to date with these changes. By continuing to visit or use this site after any such change, you accept and agree to the modified TOU. Africa’s List reserves the right to modify or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) africaslist.com, any site features, benefits (including access to your account), rules or conditions. These modifications or discontinuance may affect the way you use your account and they may be made without notice. You agree that africaslist.com will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of this site.
Without limitation, you agree to refrain from the following actions while using this site:
1. Harassing, threatening, embarrassing or causing distress or discomfort upon another individual or entity or impersonating any individual or entity or otherwise restricting or inhibiting any other person from using or enjoying africaslist.com.
2. Transmitting any information, data, text, files, links, software, chats, communication or other material that is unlawful, false, misleading, malicious, harmful, threatening, abusive, invasive of another’s privacy, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially/ethnically or otherwise objectionable, including without limitation material of any kind or nature that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, regional, national, or international law or regulation, or encourage use of a controlled substance.
3. Posting, advertising, reviewing, commenting, or soliciting in a category that is not appropriate, or posting the same service in more than one category when both categories have no link.
4. Posting any ad for products or services, use or sale that is prohibited by any law or regulation
5. Sending mail, email, voice messages or faxes for solicitation of any product or service to a user of this site unless the user has granted permission in their ad or post or otherwise allowed contact for solicitation.
6. Deleting or revising any material posted by any other user.
7. Interfering with or infringing the patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, confidential information or intellectual property rights of others.
8. Sending messages or engaging in disruptive or damaging activities online including excessive use of scripts, sound waves, scrolling, or use of viruses, bots, worms, time bombs, trojan horses, or any other destructive element or item.
9. Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to non-public areas of this site including disclosing or sharing passwords you have to any area of this site with any third parties, and or use your password for unauthorized purposes.
10. Discriminating on the grounds of race/ethnicity/tribe, gender, religion, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
11. Using this site to engage or assist another individual or entity to engage in fraudulent, abusive, manipulative, or illegal activity.
12. Posting free ads promoting links to commercial services or web sites except in areas of this site where such ads are expressly permitted.
13. Knowingly provide or submit false or misleading information.
14. Use the Sites and Services in any way that could interfere with the rights of Africa’s List or the rights of other users of the Sites and Services.
16. Transmit or submit any transmission or other materials that are encrypted or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that is likely or intended to damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Sites and Services.
17. Access, download, monitor, or copy any information contained on our Sites and Services through artificial means (including but not limited to use any ‘deep-link’, ‘scraper’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’ or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent automatic or manual process, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Sites and Services or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any Content, materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Sites and Services.
18. Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services, nor breach the security or authentication measures on or of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Sites and Services, or any other customer of Africa’s List, including any Africa’s List account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Sites and Services or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Sites and Services, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information, except as expressly authorized by Africa’s List and provided for by the Sites and Services.
19. Posting reviews that are malicious and intended to damage the reputation of another unjustly.